Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montgomery Ward Tiller

Posted by sweetsue52 MN (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 3, 09 at 15:53

My father recently passed away and we are preparing for an auction. 2 neighbors have approached us about wanting to purchase the 5 hp M.W. tiller (model A103B) he had. We have no idea how old it is, what he paid for it, or what we should ask now. Both neighbors have used it and say it works like charm. It looks like it is practically new. There is one of the two parties that we would consider selling it to beforehand. Help!!!! What should we ask?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montgomery Ward Tiller

I had a 1985 model GIL 1580 J montgomery wards tiller.It had a bad gear in the gear box.I gave up on fixing it because i could'nt fine parts for it.You can buy a new one something like it at sears for about $350.00.

o

All parts for the tiller are available through Toro. Gilson was bought out by Lawn Boy then Toro bought them. I recently received a manual free of charge from them for a 1951 Gilson (Montgomery Wards Tiller). Got the seal kit I needed and it is running like new. All they need is the model # on the side of tiller.It is probably worth $200-$250 because of its age.

o

Thanks for the follow-up postings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here