Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wheelbarrow riser - Need replacement part

Posted by juliany 5/6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 12, 09 at 16:01

Anyone know where I can locate replacement for our wheelbarrow risers? Ours rotted and I need to find replacements. Checked online but the only thing I saw was buying an entire replacement parts kit which we don't need. Just looking for the risers.

Thanks
Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wheelbarrow riser - Need replacement part

I think you can take a treated 2x4 and cut new risers. I even made handles from treated 2x2s.If there is enough of the old riser left, just lay it on a treated 2x4, mark it and cut it. HTHS

o

Internet search show that Ace Hardware has some that sell for $4.49 each plus s/h. Suggest calling local stores. Ace calls the part - wheelbarrow wedge.

o

Unfortunately the current riser is badly rotted so can't make a duplicate.
I'll check with Ace Hardware here and see if they have the part.

Thanks for posting.
Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here