Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi C430 string trimmer

Posted by 19jerry44 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 16:42

I've got two of these pieces of junk only because I have the Extend-it attachments. Both have throttle problems due to a very poor design. I didn't have time to fix the first one so rushed out and bought another. After a short time the second one developed the same throttle malfunction. No more Ryobi products for me!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi C430 string trimmer

What seems to be the problem with the Ryobi C430 string trimmer�s throttle? I have not seen much quality in the low end cost trimmers (Toys) vs semi or commercial grades. I have been sold on the 200.00+ Echos that are not split shaft, straight and 2-cycle vs 4.

Working with mechanical tools/machines and investing in them, I have not found many multi-purpose tools/machines that would do all the jobs well. I basically stay away from tools and machinery that I have not seen and proven to work (a few years). Great Ideas But Toys IMO! This causes me to have more tools but satisfaction with them.

o

Could be the Ethanol in the gas you are using!
It's causing problems with all these small engines.
Do a Goolge search for Ethanol and small engines.

o

I took Throttle Problems to be a mechanical issue due to "poor design". I agree with, "Could be the Ethanol" if it is not weekly used equipment with Stabil treated fuel or Etc. We need to hear the problem from Jerry.

o

It's a poor setting in order to meet epa standards. One just needs to cut slots in the mixture screw heads so you can adjust them with a screw driver (or buy the super-secret pacman driver), just like the carbs in classic cars. And absolutely don't use Ethanol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here