Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi 790R

Posted by moondawg7 none (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 17:19

I am having trouble with my weed eater. It runs fine on full and half choke, but once you take the choke off or put your hand over the whole it shuts off. Replace all the fuel lines, primer bulb, even took the carb off and took it apart, and didn't really see no clogs or anything. Any help with this would be great. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi 790R

Usually anytime the have to run it on choke you got lean mixture IMO. this can be caused by dirt or gummed up carb. passages, vacuum leak, or mixture screws may have vibrated some.

Does if have Hi and Lo carb. adjustments??? If you was confident in you carb. cleaning and sure it's not sucking air or still plugged up then I would try to adjust the hi screw, but first noting where I started so I can turn it back if the adjustment out 1/8 to 1/4 turn don't help???

o
RE: Ryobi 790R

MD: AS RC has indicated these units were at best rather tempermental , the walbro carbs although sound in desugn were not forgiving to neglect . You have not indicated if you have checked or inspected the fuel filter . Other than what you have done adding fuel cleaner to the fresh fuel (2 ounces) and following what RC has advised as to jet adjustments , you should see some improvements within a few mintues running .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here