Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homegrown55

Craftsman Weedeater Zama C1U W32-A Carb

homegrown55
13 years ago

This carb has the external purge bulb. Of issue to me is the idle circuit check-valve. At what points during engine operation is the valve supposed to be "open" and at what point is it "closed."? I have read the Zama Tech Guide PDF file. I have seen the detailed parts breakdown diagram for this carb. I have tested the Hi-Speed circuit with fuel line tubing and can feel and hear the check valve closing in the Main Nozzle. Same test reveals a constantly open idle circuit. Does a welch plug cover the check-valve to the idle circuit in the metering chamber? Is the valve located just under the plug or closer to the 3 ports in the carb throat? I experience minor flooding after using the purge bulb with a no-start condition. If it is maybe a leaking welch plug, is fuel from the metering chamber leaking down into the idle circuit while the engine is not running during the startup procedure? It shouldn't be an issue when it is running as all 3 idle ports in the carb throat are supposed to be contributing fuel during WOT. In other words...can a bad idle circuit check- valve cause a 32cc engine not to start? Any way to fix it?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm