Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna 350 chain slipping

Posted by SubmarineMark none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 17:46

I've got a Husky 350 chainsaw that's about ten years old. It runs great, no issues there. I bought a new bar and chain and it cut like new. I was cutting oak and it worked great. I cut an unknown stump for a neighbor and near the end of the cut it acted like it wasn't getting oil. I returned to the oak I was working on and it cut slower. Now the chain is slipping (like a clutch in a car type of slipping). It's running fine and cuts okay until the least little bit of pressure is applied and then the chain starts slipping until it stops turning all together. Motor is wide open and chain is stuck in the wood. I can adjust the chain like normal and it doesn't make a difference with the symptoms. The chain tensioner is working great and the tension is correct. Clutch?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna 350 chain slipping

Yep.

o

What have you inspected and found? Sounds like the clutch has gone bad related to the shoes or sprocket.

Who can share a youtube link on adding a Husky 350 piston kit and any related info? Excuse the post jumping and suggest a new post if needed.

o

I would see if the chain needs sharpen first. Dull teeth don't cut tend to stick in the wood or ride on top and top the saw rpms out??

o

Check the drive sprocket for excess wear. Also make sure your chain, sprocket and bar are all the same pitch, either .325 or 3/8. They cant be miss matched. Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here