Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sprayers: Solo vs Hudson vs Flo-Master vs ...

Posted by jsfox 4a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 18:25

Getting tired of problems with sprayers so I'm planning to begin replacing each of the sprayers we use with good ones that will work well. Based on my experience I think I'd rank the mfr's as:

Hudson (Bugwiser, Industro & Constructo ONLY)
Solo (all seem good)
Gilmour
SP Systems
Yardtender
Flo-Master (never buy again)

Curious about others experiences with these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sprayers: Solo vs Hudson vs Flo-Master vs ...

I have been pretty happy with my Hudson Sprayers (2 gallon and 5 gallon). I wish they had service parts more readily available. I have not absolutely needed any parts but there are some gaskets I would like to replace.

I have not heard anything bad about Solo although I mainly only see backpack sprayers from them. I assume they make hand sprayers, I just have not seen them. They have been around for quite awhile.

Gilmour makes some awesome garden equipment and they have great warranties. I have had one nozzle replaced at no cost and am about to submit a 15 year old hose for comoplete replacement. No questions asked. I have not looked at their sprayers. If they are the same quality as their other offerings, I would consider them also, maybe even more so because of excellent customer support.

I think SP Systems was higher end stuff? Not sure about them. I think Flo-Master does make some higher end commercial stuff. I'd check out those before what HD offers, which I think is HO level.

I don't know the Yardtender name at all.

o

SP SYSTEMS yardtender 2 gallon I have is the best sprayer I have owned. I too have been unhappy with the sprayers you find at home depot. The Yardtender has a great wand, the hose is beefy and resists kinks, and the body/pump is solid. There doesn't appear to be a pressure relief valve but good!...no troublesome leaks. It can hold pressure an awefully long time and has a great wand/brass tip that you can exchange for many conventional spray tips from tee jet et al. I bought it for $80-90 but worth every penny.

o

I've had a Solo 2-gallon sprayer for 2-3 years; been great. I ESPECIALLY like that I can air it up with my compressor; after spraying about 1 1/2 gallons, I have to pump it some, or go back to the compressor. Gave about $40 for it at Northern Tool. Parts readily available.

o

Javert, which Solo did you fill up with your compressor? How did you do it? Is there a schrader valve on it? PSI?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here