Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
troy bilt tiller help

Posted by mfredzues none (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 11 at 20:34

i have a 6 hp tecumseh horse model that i bought new in 1974/1975 serial number 412323. the engine is on its last leg i cant find any engine #s anywhere no decals nothing. i need to get new engine for it but tulsa engine needs #s to recomend a replacement any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: troy bilt tiller help

With a forum friend's advice I just installed a 6 1/2HP HF engine on my horse.All you need is a 3/4"IDx 1/8" thick shim to put between the pulley and crankshaft shoulder for pulley alignment. Drill the engine mount holes on the tiller out 1/16" for hole alignment and 4 8mmx1.25 pitch x 1 1/2" bolts for engine mounting. You have to fill the crankcase slightly over full to keep the low oil shutoff from killing it. My friend has used his this way for 1 1/2 yrs. I had to go w/ a slightly longer 5/16" bolt to hold the pulley on the crankshaft.
HTH,
Mike

o

I was at Harbor Freight about a week ago and they were closing out the Greyhound 6.5 hp for about $75.00

o

HF did away with Greyhound engine Predator engine took its place There should be coupon to help with new price Predator engine last I heard with coupon cost was 129.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here