Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi CS26 string trimmer

Posted by 1234bob none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 20:34

I have another problem, my neighbor is 89 years young and a Pearl Harbor Survivor well he has this Ryobi trimmer and the rope malfunctioned and the repair wanted 60.00 to fix the starter rope well I voluntered to fix it and after 4 hours I am about to throw in the towel. The trimmer has a one piece cover and I cannot figure out to put it together. If anybody can help me fix this That old Navy guy would be thankful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi CS26 string trimmer

Now you know why the shop wanted 60 bucks.Those cheap inverted trimmers are not fun.

o
RE: Ryobi CS26 string trimmer

Been There And Done That, Not Fun! Have you searched for Youtubes and instructions on-line? I find this to be time consuming but very helpful on unusual task. The link below might be helpful:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/article/6299/How_to_Fix_the_Starter_on_a_Ryobi_Trimmer.html

I found it and other using a search: Ryobi CS26 string trimmer starter rope replacement youtube

Take a break on the Monster, Sleep On What's Missing and it usually come to you days later after you refuse to give-up if you are a regular troubleshooter. As stated, some jobs are not worth the time or challenge even if it is for a deserving person. My test on a deserving person (my Mom) is, would they give their time to this task or trade a task just as time consuming or simply send it to the shop or purchase a replacement.

Good Luck!

PS. I have two unseen two-cycle task coming at 10 AM but will be finished by noon regardless. LOL I respect my Peace Of Mind and Quick Help Within My Range!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here