Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn Vacuum Question

Posted by dmullen Southern CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 15, 10 at 20:50

I have seen lawn vacuums mentioned many times over the years and have been wondering if they clean the lawm fairly well.

The reason that I am asking is that I have some kind of grassy weed in my lawn and I do my best to keep the long stems with seeds removed.

This is very time consuming when done by hand and I would rather use a weed trimmer and then vacuum up the trimmings if it would get almost everything that had been cut off.

Anyone here ever used one?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn Vacuum Question

I think lawn vacs are pretty good with leaves and small yard debris and the are generally height adjustable so if you have a very level yard you could lower the vacumn end down pretty low and they do have strong suction but I don't know if they are strong enough to get seeds, that's getting pretty small.

o

I would try to get the seed stalks if they will do that. In this area, I never see used or new ones for sale so do not know anyone who has ever used one.

Thanks for the reply

o

If the stalks are the size of say a flower stem or a large blade of grass or maybe a cut dandylion, then I think it would work. I had one to get up leaves but sold it in a yard sale when I started using a bagger on my riding mower. Sorry I can't be more decisive on the effectiveness. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here