Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
XL2 Homelite Chainsaw

Posted by hewerman1 Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 21:08

My 35 yr old saw was in need of a carburetor kit and I installed a new one in it. I was careful to place the new gaskets back exactly as they came out. Put it back together, it started right up and idled fine but at high speed it sounded like it was flooding and has a severe lack of power. No matter what I do to the H-Low jets it continued to flood and the black spark plug was testament to a rich setting.
What do you think is wrong with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: XL2 Homelite Chainsaw

1. Did you do a major/minor carb cleaning before the gaskets (even though that w/n the task)?
2. I feel some debris is affecting your needle/seat causing richness. Did you check for contaminated fuel?
3. I feel you'll have to go back, verify all is clean with compressed cleaner or compressed air and cleaner (with high/low screws removes).
4. The little needle/seat is a pain, I go straight for it for inspections/cleaning with some conditions.

Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here