Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo Pro CS-450-18 or Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Posted by stryker221982 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 9, 10 at 21:08

Which one would you guys choose I can get both saws for about the same price from local dealers and both have great reviews.

the echo has a 5 year warranty i dunno about the husky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo Pro CS-450-18 or Husqvarna 455 Rancher

The Husky is a Homeowner Saw ! High Torgue low RPM rather Heavy ! Not a Pro Grade but a very well built saw ! Great for the Fire Wood Cutter . The Echo is a very competitive saw , check out the cc rating with the warranty I would jump at it if all is equal . Normally Husky and Stil are Teamed together at my Local Dealers . Let us knwo what you find out .

o
RE: Echo Pro CS-450-18 or Husqvarna 455 Rancher

For just a few bucks more I'd be looking at the Echo CS530 and the Husky 460, both the Echo 450 and 530 wiegh the same about 11# with the 530 cutting with the best 50cc saws when tuned right. The Husky 455 and 460 are the same wieght about 13# with the 460 being 5 cc more. I'd go with the Echo 530 being 2# lighter with a better build qualty and better warrenty, make sure either you or your dealer pulls the limiter caps and tunes it for your location and the fuel your using. Most new saws are set too lean and are doggy and could burn up in a long hard cut.. Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!