Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
troy bilt trimmer shaft replacement question

Posted by rcarv (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 21:27

I have a troy bilt tb415cs trimmer with a single curved shaft. I'd like to konw of anybody had tried replacing this shaft with an upper shaft capable of accepting attachments. Will this work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: troy bilt trimmer shaft replacement question

YOu mean the quick link split boom type? if so, yes the upper shaft assy. can be installed if you have a clutch and housing adapter (usually single boom model don't have clutches, if you don't have a clutch the the price would not be fessible for the swap. there not cheap last time I brought one they were around 30 bucks just for the upper shaft assy. You might try ebay some times you can get all the pieces you need (which may include clutch housing adpater) for 5 or 10 bucks plus shipping which saves some money. Basiclly you have to look at parts break down and see what you got vs. what you need for the swap. I dought it would be cost effective unless you had a donor trimmer that some one throwed away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here