Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ryobi 700r Repair Videos?

Posted by nogreenthumb_2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 22:42

Hello all,

I was hoping someone had a link to any video that shows how to dismantle and service the carburator to a Ryobi 700r weedeater, as well as replacing the fuel lines and primer bulb.

I came across a great video last year, but haven't been able to find it lately.

Any assistance you can provide would be great.

Thanks in advance,

ngt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ryobi 700r Repair Videos?

I just replaced the fuel lines on a friends Ryobi weed wacker. I had a problem with getting a good seal with the filter hose coming out of the tank. So, i took it to the shop, store where i buy my parts. There was 2 guys there and when they saw the Ryobi--they both said:" A Ryobi? Junk it!" HMMM!
That model has the filter going into the end of the hose, and that assembly has to be pushed down and out thru the hole in the tank! But, the hole is way back in the tank, and fingers don't give enough pressure to force the filter end and hose down thru the hole. Then, i made an L-shaped tool, clamped it in the vise-grips, and used it to push the filter down and the end out, so i could install the little plastic retainer ring on the outside of the tank.
Seems like an engineering mistake-the way it was designed, sort of like the designer's eyes were slanted---

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here