Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rodgers330

Justrite Gas Cans

rodgers330
16 years ago

I've been struggling for years with those cheap plastic gas cans. Many times gas would seep out from the base of the spout and drip everywhere. The five gallon versions were a little difficult to grasp when full. Of course, I had to tie them all down in the bed of the truck to prevent them from tipping over.

I just purchased a few of the Justrite UNO Type II Safety gas cans. WOW- they are the Rolls Royce of gas cans!! They are all metal and loaded with safety features. Best of all, they are easy to grip and you can control the flow of gas with a little lever next to the handle when the can is elevated. If you're interested, sentrysafetysupply.com had the best price and delivery was prompt.

Ok, I realize it's a little foolish to spend $70 for a gas can but I'm at the point in my life where little things like this make a difference. There's just nothing like the satisfaction of having quality products when you're doing tough jobs.

Comments (13)

• rollerzeke
    16 years ago

Hello rodgers330.

The specs/features on the Justrite UNO Type II Safety gas cans are awesome!

I agree, they are the Rolls Royce of gas cans.

• spacemule
    16 years ago

Who are your employers?

• rollerzeke
    16 years ago

Hello all.

Hi spacemule. Please forgive me, but I am not trying to butt in here.

Was your question directed to me?

My day job is herding goats here in Big Country Oklahoma.

Good day.

• rodgers330
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Spacemule- I work for the Justrite Gas Can company and my wife works for sentrysafetysupply.com. Is that a problem?

If you look at my profile, you'll see I first registered on this forum on November 3, 2003. I've been waiting over 3.5 years now to say something positive about gas cans. Guess I'm busted now.

By the way, I also love my JD 3720, JD 540, Honda Harmony mower, Stihl chainsaws, Silky pole saw, MacKissick chipper, Grandfors Bruks axe, Honda Rubicon ATV, Milwaukee drill, etc. But don't worry- I won't post any positive reviews on those products since I only promote items made by my employer- the Justrite gas can company.

• spacemule
    16 years ago

"I've been struggling for years with those cheap plastic gas cans." and "I work for the Justrite Gas Can company"

So, let me get this straight. You work for the Justrite Gas Can company, yet you've been struggling with cheap gas cans for years. I guess that means either

1)Justrite makes cheap plastic gas cans
    2)You didn't buy your own company's products
    3)You only recently started working for Justrite
    4)Your story was embellished.

Hmmm. The reason I asked is because your first post smacks of advertising. No one speaks like that about a product unless they are trying to shamelessly promote it. It sounded phony from the beginning.

• metal
    16 years ago

We used to use those cans for all kinds of flammable liquids where I used to work (as a Chemist) and they are built like a tank (pardon the pun). If I had some extra cash laying around I would have a few in my garage. And no, I don't work for any gas can companies.

• rodgers330
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Spacemule, don't challenge my integrity unless you have facts. Unlike some, I only express opinions about something I've purchased and used myself. Use a Justrite can and then tell us what you think- or don't bother posting silly comments.

• spacemule
    16 years ago

Rodgers, I know you are but what am I? ;-)

• leftover_juno_com
    15 years ago

I spent about $2000 for a whole bunch of just-rite gas cans for our company. They all eventually started leaking out of the bottom where they were stamped too thin, the paint would bubble and gas would leak out. There was no physical damage to the cans. They are real pretty and convenient for about the first 6 month to a year. Justrite did send me back new cans, a few times now and they stand up to their warranty. They always leak after a little while and I just don't have time to constantly be dealing with this problem. I need a better can. I like the whole concept of the justrite cans and unfortunately made a whole bunch of racks that fit the cans narrower diameter. Anyone know of another can that is similar, but made by anyone else? JUSTRITE DOES STAND UP TO THEIR WARRANTY, 10 YEARS.

• robertz6
    15 years ago

I was tired of overfilling my gas tanks and read of the Briggs and Stratton plastic gas can that prevented overfills. So finally Sears got one in stock and I bought it for $18.

Trouble was, it worked in a narrow range of use. Of my four pieces of machinery, it worked OK on two.

The chipper/shredder had a bar above the tank, and the B&S fancy can would not pour into it.

The Sear push mower filled fine IF you handled it very delicately, if not the plastic inverted and gas ran all over.

The B&S can worked fine on the chain saw and hedge trimmer.

But the cheap $4 can worked OK on all four tanks if you took your time and didn't get in a hurry.

• CaptTurbo
    14 years ago

This has been an entertaining thread. I do know of an innovative company that sells cool containers for all kinds of liquids. I ran across them from my favorite motorcycle website - Adventureriders.com. Anyway, the name of the company is RotoPax and I think their webste is Rotopax.com

From what I hear they do not leak and are built to exceptional quality standards. I have recently ordered a custom rack for (my WR250R) one of their two gallon tanks so I will be ordering from them soon. I've been told that I can receive a 20% discount since I'm a ADV member by simply putting "ADV" in the code box. I'd bet it would work for you all as well. No ... I don't work for them. LOL.

• zoulas
    14 years ago

I have had one for the last couple of years.
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_21818_21818

Got tired of the plastic ones leaking. My only issue is this: The red paint chips like mad. I would think if they applied the epoxy correctly, it would not chip. Also, filling it is not all that easy. I find the bst way is to have a second person hold open the handle while the other fills it. I wish I got the one with the spout:
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_40444_40444

• zoulas
    14 years ago

Sorry, I have the Eagle can. Not the Justrite. They look the same.