Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karcher K 5.85 Pressure Washer - Repair Help

Posted by ReMan CT (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 19, 11 at 23:12

I am looking for some advice on repairing a Karcher K 5.85 electric pressure washer. Unfortunately I forgot to move the pressure washer from the garage to the basement this past winter, and it is possible that it was subject to freezing temperatures. The unit is only 4 years old, and has seen little use. When I try to use it now, it will not develop full pressure, and the pump appears to be pulsating. I have not yet contacted Karcher customer service or one of the repair centers. I'm pretty handy, but have not yet been able to find a repair manual anywhere, or even troubleshooting directions. If I did crack the pump housing, is it cost effective to replace the pump, or should I just retire the unit?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karcher K 5.85 Pressure Washer - Repair Help

But, if the housing were cracked, it would be obvious (I think)....internal leak ???
IMO, due to high labor costs, cost effectiveness flies out the window..
And this is a primary reason for the workshop and garage to be in the basement , which should be huge...
One cannot beat "free" heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here