Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lawnboy 2 stroke

Posted by woodchuck1 6ny (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 8:18

i have a old lawnboy 2 stroke that has not been run ran a few years i want to try and get it going,can i use my stihl 50,1 mix instead of the lawnbow 32.1 mix

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lawnboy 2 stroke

If it is old, then I would recommend staying with
the 32/1. Others will extole the virtues of modern
oils and tell you differently.

o

Yeah like Ibpod advised along with the forum lawnboy expert Orange Dude OEM OIL at Manufacturers Recommended Ratio :)

o

I use a synthetic blend mixed exactly to about 40 to 50 to 1..Its a newer two-stroke Lawn-Boy. An exact 50 to 1 is impossible...not like the old Saab 1 to 7 where both were exact(99.95% exact)....
To be exact, I'll have to purchase a new 5 gal gas can.. This involves attending an auction....lol...
IMO, stick with the 32 to 1....a little smoke never hurt anyone....not sorry - California ....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here