Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a unique trimmer

Posted by 322buick WI - south central (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 9:18

Hello,
I'm looking for an oddish trimmer. This is to cut down the summer's growth of perennial leafy plants flowers, etc, both tall and short, that run the entire lenth of our house [3 ft x 40 ft]. What works really well is my old, orange Black & Decker 18 inch hedge trimmer. But reaching and hobbling clumsily along on my hands and knees for 40 feet is a real pain. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a hedge style trimmer just like this but with a long handle so a person can stand up and walk along while cutting. A string type trimmer is no good here because it splatters up the wood siding badly.
Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a unique trimmer

You can get trimmers that have a variety of attachments available such as a hedge trimmer. Stihl has them. Likely Echo as well.

o
RE: Looking for a unique trimmer

tomplum,
Thank you for the helful information. I'll check them both out and see what they have.
T'care
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here