Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Leaf Blower decision

Posted by cvgarber 28601 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 10:07

I am in the market for a leaf blower, and this will be my first leaf blower purchase. I have narrowed it down to different backpack leaf blowers but I need some guidance.

First, here is what I will be using it for: Blowing off driveways, patios, deck, but most importantly, cleaning up in the fall for the SEVERAL large, mature trees that we have. I want to get one unit that will work for everything and am concerned about buying something that is too weak to do my clean. However, budget is a concern too. I would like to spend no more than $250.

I have looked at:
Husqvarna 130BT (not many reviews online). It has 30cc, 145 MPH, 431 CFM but about 380 CFM at the nozzle.

OR

Troy-Bilt TB4BP. It has 32cc, 150 MPH, and 480 CFM (but cannot find how much at nozzle).

The Husqvarna sells for $200 and the Troy-Bilt at $230 at a Lowes nearby.

What do you think? Any other suggestions I should be considering?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Leaf Blower decision

No Troybilt or Craftsman.

For under $250, you better off buy a hand held blower. Husqvarna 150B for about $149:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landscape-and-groundcare/products/blowers/125b/

This is stronger than the ones you showed.

For Back Pack, you have to go to $299 for Husqvarna 150Bt or Redmax EBZ5100. THey are the same blower with different color to match your clothes.

For same size engine, hand held is always stronger than back pack. The ones you showed are too small and too weak. YOu should not get back pack less than 50cc to be of any usefullness.

The two I show you are the best power for the money bar none. And both are commercial quality.

o

I'm sure you would LIKE to spend no more than $250.....but I'd give some serious thought to adding $100 to your budget and get a Stihl BR 380 D. I used to buy big-box stuff and eventually got sick of the poor quality. Buy a Stihl and you'll never regret the extra money. My 2 cents.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Stihl BR 380 D

o

Stihl BR380 is a very good one, but it is $329 in my dealer. I am pushing about the $299 Husky already. These are the two that I would consider if I want to spend minimum. Nothing less for back pack, it would be a total waste of money.

o

The Troy-Bilt 41AR4BEG966 is a good one for that price range. I found it online for $219.99.

Here is a link that might be useful: Troy-Bilt 41AR4BEG966

o

Try the Hitachi 2 cycle or the Makita 4 cycle.....both had great reviews on Amazon.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here