Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old remington chainsaw question

Posted by joe_the_dutchman ontario canada (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 27, 09 at 10:23

i got this old 60s vintage chainsaw runing only to find out the gas tank leaks.it apeares that the tank comes apart on the fly wheel side.the whole left side of the chain saw comes apart also taking the side of gas tank off.not being able to get new gasket what should i use to seal this unit.info apreciated also if any one knows what model it could be

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old remington chainsaw question

If you don't get an answer here, I'd try posting this in the Chainsaw forum at Arboristsite.

o

make a gasket if need be. Gasket paper is available at most hardware stores. I use Permatex gasket sealer #2B. It is non-hardening. It is old school stuff. Apply it, let it skin over for about 20 minutes and assemble.

o

I have an old Remington saw model number SL-9. How can I find out what year it was made?Serial number pm9937.

o

Have you all tried "Chain Saw Collectors' Corner" at the address below for info? Plus, post pics or links, I would like to see the "Monsters". A Remington gas saw vs electric is new to me. I serviced a few old Homelites in the mid 70s that were giants and old. The newer small saws were all the average owner had around here. Loger

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/6359233ddce7cc3d88256bcb0059e03e/7321b2ba6e8981ef88256bcb005a1d1a?OpenDocument

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here