Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pointy garden trowel wanted

Posted by tropical_thought San Francisco (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 11:05

I used to have with a pointed hand trowel with a wooden handle, but the wood rotted because I did not take care of it right. I want to buy another. I looked on ebay, but I can't find one that is pointed enough. This one was really sharp at the end and it was my go to item for everything. Some of the ones called tranplanter might work, I don't know. When I look at them I can't find one. I got a so called sod cutter, which is the next best thing. Can anyone suggest a brand I should look for. It has to be tough metal, as weak metal bends in hard soil and I have to discard them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pointy garden trowel wanted

I have had one like this for several years. Works great and is stainless steel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corona at Lowes

o
RE: pointy garden trowel wanted

I think the one I had before was an ace, but the logo had worn off. I saw an ace and it was just so much more cheaply made, I did not think that was mine, but I bought it today and took it home and I think I had an ace.

o
It is for lily of the valley

They turned into a weed big time. I have to dig them out with a very pointedly tool. The lily of valley was great at first, but the roots are killing my other plants, but encasing them in solid roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here