Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
getting oil to chain saw chain

Posted by flyfishing (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 18, 10 at 11:15

The oil is barely getting to the chain on my craftsman 16 inch electric chain saw.I removed the guide and the oil is coming out where it should be. The oil holes on the guide and groove for the chain is clean. The guide is not bent. Instead of flowing to the chain, it eventually starts leaking out the bottom of the saw between the main housing and bar clamp. Your help is appreciated.thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: getting oil to chain saw chain

I have found dirty pumps and filters to be my problems. Dirty due to sawdust getting into the bar oil tank while filling before cleaning or being careful. The Poulans foam filters were easy to clean with the use of my Poulan manual. I could see the foam deteriorating if the saw is old enough. The saws with manual pumps and auto seems to work better because you can force oil through and prime the bar (when the pump is good and the filter is not too dirty). Some people will simply use a squirt can to add oil as needed or at least before good dia cut vs a bill on an old saw. One Logger told me he adds oils as if the oilier is not working period. Remember, some Craftsman are Poulan saws. Craftsman is only a brand vs a builder of a product. logger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here