Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenerman_gw

Worx GT Trimmer?

gardenerman
15 years ago

Hey guys,

Just moved into my new house down here in Mapleton, and am on a little spending spree because of the great deal on the house :)

I've got a ride-on mower, but was interested in trimmer to get around trees/next to the house/boulders. I especially was interested in buying the Worx GT trimmer from this website. It looks as though the idea is good, but will it last and be durable?

Thanks in advance,

D.

Here is a link that might be useful: Worx GT

Comments (13)

• bill_kapaun
    15 years ago

There's a couple threads about them in the lawn mower forum.
    Those that have them and shills that registered the same day as their glowing post and haven't been heard from again.

• ray_okla
    15 years ago

I also would like to hear from a user that actually has one. If a person has anything larger than a postage stamp sized lawn there is no way that an 18 volt powered trimmer is going to be satisfactory. Buy an Echo or Stihl straight shaft trimmer and they will last for years.

• worxgtinfo
    14 years ago

The Worx GT trimmer and edger are geared for the smaller yards. The ease of use for both trimming and edging make is possible for anybody to do the trimming or edging. I noticed on the commercial the lady is using the Worx GT. I have been a retailer for Worx GT since it first came out. I request feedback from my customers on their satisfaction and the positive remarks are high 90%. The complaints I get are you can not do an acre lot and trim and edge. This was not made for that type of work. Steve C

Here is a link that might be useful: Worx GT Info and Owners Manual

• gabrielsalazarjr
    13 years ago

this tool does not fit to my needs, its made for a yard that is real tiny and my battery died on me and had to get a new one sent to me...this trimmer does me no good waste of money, i tried getting my money back but its past the 30 days but if i could i would get my money back...not worth buying at all...none of their tools...if i would of known i would of never ordered it in the first place...worst mistake ever...i need to buy me a two cycle old fashioned one and a gas powered lawnmower too...DO NOT BUT ANY WORX TOOLS THEY ARE CHEAP!!!

• evdpgh
    13 years ago

My prayers have been answered. Another Worx trimmer thread. Now all those who work for Worx can get off their dead a$$es and post about what a miracle machine this overpriced piece of junk is.

• ewalk
    13 years ago

Sorry , but like Evd said ..Amen lol :)

• yungman
    13 years ago

Don't you miss the fun of pull starting the engine, make a lot of noise and the smell of the exhaust?

For the tree huggers, the battery is poisoness to the enviroment too and have to use electricity from the coal fire power plant that polute the air.

• lonewoof
    13 years ago

OK. Time for MY $0.02...
    Do I work for Worx? No
    Can I mow an acre with it? No
    Can I trim MY yard with it? Yes. I trim around trees, patio, 50 or 60 feet of sidewalk. Maybe 1/2 hour. Battery lasts at LEAST that long.
    Will it trim BIG weeds, briars, etc? No. It is meant to trim GRASS, which is what I use it for.
    Will it stand up to use? So far it has. Don't plan on using it in commercial yard service.
    Is it worth it? I still have my old Craftsman gas trimmer. Use it occasionally. It's more trouble than the Worx (mix gas, crank it up, smoke mosquitoes with the oil smoke...
    The Worx is finishing up its 2nd year; original battery, nothing broken yet...

• ewalk
    13 years ago

LW: Well there is an exception to every Rule ! Actually good for you , if your happy that all that matters :) I have not heard many positive reports back on the Worx Product . However as you have indicated most are probably using the unit well over its design limitations. I recieved a Nine Volt Battery Trimmer yrs ago . It trims about what I need at camp (20 Minutes) of light grass . Did not pay anything for it so when it expires ..Chow !

• ewalk
    13 years ago

lw: Please excuse the error my gas trimmer is of course a 12 volt version. Small but not quite as anemic as a 9 volt lol .

• yungman
    13 years ago

I won't consider anything less than 18V. Preferable 24V.

• WARCOM_BLOMAND_NET
    13 years ago

THE STRING TIMMER HAS MAJOR PROBLEMS,I'V TALKED TO SEVERIAL OWNERS AND ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, THE BATTERY.
    ONLY PROBLEM IS THE BATTERY IS WAY UNDER THE REQUIRED POWER TO RUN THIS TRIMMER UNDER LOAD.I HAVE MEASURED THE CURRENT DRAW UNDER LOAD AND THE BATTERY IS IN NO WAY GOING TO RUN THE TRIMMER FOR ANY WHERE NEAR 1/2 HOUR, THE BEST TIME IS 15 MIN.THE TRIMMER IS GREAT FOR WHAT IT WAS SOLD FOR,LIGHT TRIMMING,BUT THE TIME AVERTISED IS AT LEAST 30 MIN.A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY WILL NOT RUN TRIMMER WITH NO LOAD FOR 30 MIN.I HAVE 2 BATTERYS AND CAN'T MAKE IT 30 MIN.I HAVE MADE AN EXTERNAL ADAPTER TO FIT ONE OF MY 18VOLT POWER TOOL BATTERYS AND CAN GET 30 MIN. THE EXTERNAL BATTERY IS RATED AI 3 AMPHRS.

• hawkeyechuck
    12 years ago

yungman - Thanks for the advice! I bought a 24V combo kit and it has good run time and enough power. I ran my neighbors 18V NiCAD and was not impressed - but liked the weight and ergonomics. The 24V is just what the doctor ordered.

I also bought online and got it the next day - no 4-6 weeks delivery like on the 1-800 number.

Here is a link that might be useful: PartsNationwide