Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe_the_dutchman

1974 massey ignition coil problem

joe_the_dutchman
12 years ago

i dont have any spark and the ignition coil has hh120 on it is any one familiar with the old cast techumse 12 hp enines used in the 1974 massey lawn tractor and if so are they still available.if so were would the closest place be near london ontario.info greatly apreciated

Comments (4)

• tomplum
    12 years ago

So this is the cylindrical automotive coil and external points?

• earthworm
    12 years ago

Its probably the same as many others, but close to London, Ontario for a supplier - you would have to be very lucky..
    Scour the yards.
    I too have a MF with a Briggs which I think is a replacement engine..And no generator...similar to Snapper.

• loger_gw
    12 years ago

Please post a pics or a link of the coils, points and condensers in the ignition system (dual or not?). Do you feel you just need to tune it up with points and condensers or clean and adjust the points in needed? loger

• ewalk
    12 years ago

Joe: A replacement coil for your massey should be available . Check out E-Bay or your local Massey Dealer . If not I'll check with my Buddy in Pickford Michigan who is a Local Dealer of Massey AG and Lawn Tractor Units who could easily cross reference and ship you a unit if need be. He has been in business for over 50 yrs and has numerous older lawn tractor parts . I think you will find a unit nearby though .