Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1974 massey ignition coil problem

Posted by joe_the_dutchman ontario canada (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 12:08

i dont have any spark and the ignition coil has hh120 on it is any one familiar with the old cast techumse 12 hp enines used in the 1974 massey lawn tractor and if so are they still available.if so were would the closest place be near london ontario.info greatly apreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1974 massey ignition coil problem

So this is the cylindrical automotive coil and external points?

o
RE: 1974 Massey ignition coil problem

Its probably the same as many others, but close to London, Ontario for a supplier - you would have to be very lucky..
Scour the yards.
I too have a MF with a Briggs which I think is a replacement engine..And no generator...similar to Snapper.

o

Please post a pics or a link of the coils, points and condensers in the ignition system (dual or not?). Do you feel you just need to tune it up with points and condensers or clean and adjust the points in needed? loger

o

Joe: A replacement coil for your massey should be available . Check out E-Bay or your local Massey Dealer . If not I'll check with my Buddy in Pickford Michigan who is a Local Dealer of Massey AG and Lawn Tractor Units who could easily cross reference and ship you a unit if need be. He has been in business for over 50 yrs and has numerous older lawn tractor parts . I think you will find a unit nearby though .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here