Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a good hoe (that stays intact)

Posted by bbjax 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 13:25

My sister and I were talking about what a hard time we have had finding a good hoe that doesn't fall apart. Mine just bit the dust (Ace Hardware), she has one with a lifetime guarantee from OSH - she just replaces it from time to time and she has another from Lehmans (same problem, twisting blade). I am looking for a warren and she just wants something that will stand up to the work in her garden. My garden is small, hers is big. Do you have any recommendations? Thank you!
bebe in zone 9

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a good hoe (that stays intact)

The last hoe you will ever need:

http://www.easydigging.com/Garden_Tool/Grub_Hoe_Grubbing.html

They also have ridging hoes - which are Warren hoes on steroids.

I have 1 from them, 2 Mexican forged that are similar and a Thai made Chillington like this one;

http://www.chillingtontoolsonline.co.uk/digging-hoes-and-handles-c1

which I found at a Chinese grocery store.

20 some years, one broken handle on all four. The very nice thing is the heft and the long handle, that allows for a more natural hoeing position. They are pricey - about 2 times what you pay for top of the line at ACO.

o
RE: looking for a good hoe (that stays intact)

IMO Do you leave them out in the weather? handles usually work loose. drill hole put screw in or bolt it. Wear? over time they wear out. China couldn't do anything technical(casting and forging metal) till after the 30's when somebody wanted slave labor and taught them how to forge metal. The rest is what we have today blue collar jobs are gone do to 50 cent hour labor and CEO's shipping our jobs overseas and getting 100 million dollar bonus yearly, kickbacks to lobbists which feeds the real cheaters the Honorable congress off the backs of poor china workers. Just look at the wind mill project in NV? I think there wage maybe up to 1.25 now and we wonder why there are no jobs in the USA? do you see anybody over here working for $1.25 hour when they can get 6.50 hour doing nothing from the government? Course this is all my opinion which I am usually wrong.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here