Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is the Weed Tiger the strongest string trimmer line on the market

Posted by loger (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 13:52

1. Is the Weed Tiger the strongest string trimmer line on the market? At the site below:

2. Did you accept one of their free trial offers before purchasing this line?

3. Have you had the Weed Tiger to break at the spool’s head with normal use? I had 10 yrs of no breakage with my 70s Sears electric trimmer. I have not been able to master not breaking line with gas trimmers.

Maxi-Edge trimmer line (.155 in. dia. with ridges vs smooth) is the strongest I have experienced. I basically use it as the Weed Tiger line. Except, I cut 20” sections and stretch it out the two existing spool head's metal eyes (that is a tuff pull with pliers). This leaves approx 8”sections of line out each side. I finally had my first to break at the head yesterday. I’m sure it was my misuse from cutting too heavy and fast.

Thanks!

http://weedtiger.com/about.php

Here is a link that might be useful: Weed Tiger's site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is the Weed Tiger the strongest string trimmer line on the ma

Let's see here....the person joined today....yep....sounds like promoting.....yep....I wonder......

o

Always- bee zee: What are you Smoking Logers been on the forum for over 3 yrs Dude ! lol .

Loger looks like it might work on single spool units , personally I use .080 on my Toro straight shaft and only rspool once a yr . I wind ten ft on my double spool commercial unit though lol .

o

I have approx 1,000’ to trim next to concrete. I bordered every fence, flower bed, trees and added rear drive runners thinking I was eliminating some trimming. I still believe the concrete helps but hard on the String Trimmer’s line. The hard blade is my friend and does over 95% of the trimming. I basically moving backwards with it tilted at about a 45 degree cut almost at walking speed. I’m sure cutting at a 90 degree would be faster but the 45 allows me to trim about every 3rd cutting.

This North TX Heat and Drought is starting to affect the grass. Plus the water restriction with a system of twice week is on. The drought is worst than the restriction due to the Etc in the City’s water.

o

I trim (mow) about four acres. I used to use a three point metal blade for about ninety percent of it. Now I use serrated .158 Flexiblade string in a Jet Fit manual head for ninety percent of it.

I cut a pair of eleven inch strings and they last a tank full of gas in a Honda 35 cc 4 cycle trimmer.

Zeuspaul

Here is a link that might be useful: Flexiblade

This post was edited by zeuspaul on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 21:28

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here