Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walbro carb diaphram replace/priming

Posted by mvron (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 14:11

I have a Walbro carb WYl-161. I am relacing the diaphram. The one with the little spring in the back. should I be able to get a good prime - hooking up the fuel lines to the carb - without remounting the carb on the machine. I replaced both fuel lines and am pretty sure I have the upper and lower lines correct. I installed the carb and can't get a good prime - yes I switched the two fuel lines to make sure I didn't have them reversed. Is there a vacuum issue somewhere that I haven't thought of? Thanks for ideas..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walbro carb diaphram replace/priming

See if the info at the site below will help. Also remember there is a valve in the priming bulb sys that works as a one-way valve (to force fuel one-way that you might need to check.

Looking back at your post, I feel the diaphragm you replaced is not related to priming vs fuel delivery while running vs starting. Have you looked at a diagram to know the diaphragm and gasket are assembled correct? Double check your diagram or there should be a youtube or diagram on line to show the assembly.

Posting a Pic of your carb question should help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCC1qO75zDk

Here is a link that might be useful: Primer Help

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here