Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo GT-201R Carbuetor SN 09021435

Posted by coho z8/9 N. Calif (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 16:08

Need to clean carburetor on line trimmer. Have tried and apparently failed. Hard to start and dies easily. Have cleaner in gallon soak can. Soaked for 8 hours but only a little better.
Any information or properly cleaning this carb will be appreciated. Local dealer would just replace with a 70.00 plus new one
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo GT-201R Carbuetor SN 09021435

The modern Zama RB-K75 (as well as Walbro) are often almost impossible to completely clean due to passages and orifices hidden behind welch plugs.

If you have cleaned it thoroughly and still have problems, replacing the carb may be your only solution. In the web the RB-K75 goes for between $40 on Ebay to as much as $60.

Slightly cheaper would be to get the Rebuild Kit (P005001670 $15 - $20) and the Diaphragm Kit (P005001660 $8 - $10). However, you may still have problems.

o

• Posted by coho z8/9 N. Calif (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 0:10

ggoyeneche,
Am trying a longer soak and working on circulation behind the welch plugs with a syringe if possible.
Thank you for confirming the problems involved.
coho

o

• Posted by coho z8/9 N. Calif (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 23:49

Soaked carburetor for several days. Can now start engine but runs rough, does not reach top speed and will not idle (idle speed screw is turned all the way in)
Would it be worth buying new welch plugs and jet How do I remove plugs and jet? Then soak again? Or better off just to get a new one?
Thanks, coho

o

Are there links to good diagrams or pictures of the carbs internal parts you can share? Or! Have you taken any good pics to share? I usually feel a repair can be made if you have the experience and willing to give the time that a repair shop can not afford.

Give a little history. Such as, could there be some mechanical corrosion, Etc vs varnish/gum matters? Has it been stored with stabil or Etc in the fuel and maintained related to filters, fuel lines, carbon and Etc? When did it run good last?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here