Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (16)

• txtom50
    11 years ago

Did you see the little lady running the tiller? Wish my Merry was that easy to handle. Neat video Gator.

• lbpod
    11 years ago

Soft,sandy, moist soil . . . have them bring that tiller
    up to my yard. They won't want to show that video.
    And where do they find all them trees without roots?

• zen_man
    11 years ago

Are there dealers for the "Little Master" tillers in the United States?

There seem to be a whole line of different machines in that video. I wish they had sound through the whole thing. And some kind of verbal commentary.

It's interesting that they used two rear wheels as an augmentation or replacement for the drag bar. I have learned to use the transport wheels on my Merry Tiller to augment the drag bar. They said nothing in the manual about doing that, but the wheels can be put into several positions besides full up and full down.

The rice paddy tilling was interesting. As was pitching this as a tool for farming. I agree with the comment about where did they find all those trees without roots.

ZM

• txtom50
    11 years ago

Zenman - interesting comments about using the transport wheels on the Merry tiller. I'm gonna try some experimenting in a couple of days when I start planting my fall garden.

• javert
    11 years ago

TroyBilt used to advertise "one-handed" tilling. Yeah, I can use my Horse one-handed - that is, as long as I'm tilling straight ahead in ground that's been tilled in the past. Of course, when I get to the end of the row and need to turn around, I have to get both hands full of handlebars and wrestle the darn thing around. A machine that weighs over 300 pounds and doesn't have power steering isn't a "one-handed" machine.

• snuffyinatl
    11 years ago

I want one for my garden...my Merry tiller is about worn out, and decent Troy Bilts are hard to find, unless you are willing to settle for the MTD junk with a chinese engine...I'm not.

• snuffyinatl
    11 years ago

I contacted the company, I will let everyone know what their response is as to if they can be shipped here.

• plumberroy
    11 years ago

In many countries farming is a small scale, local ocupation. 1 to 3 acres equals a market garden There are around 20 companies making walking tractors in Italy alone and companies that just make attachments for them. Grillo and Bcs are the only ones imported to the U.S. I have nevr used a BCS but BCS uses a grillo designed tiller ( they worked together for years) My grillo is a better tiller than even the old troybuilt units

Here is a link that might be useful: grillo

• zen_man
    11 years ago

Hi plumberroy,

Does your Grillo have available the Rotary Plow that some of the larger BCS units can use? Although it can only go 8 inches deep, the Rotary Plow seems like a good thing to use in many gardening situations.

I am still partial to my Merry Tiller International because its design tilling depth is 12 inches and, after I have been over the ground a couple of times, I can till as deep as 16 inches if I don't mind tilling somewhat slowly. The mid tine design is well adapted to deep tilling.

ZM

• snuffyinatl
    11 years ago

No dice...they aren't available in the US...sure wish they were! I have a 3 acre wooded area that I plan on clearing that this equipment would have been perfect for.

• plumberroy
    11 years ago

ZM
    Yes you can get a rotary plow. Check out earthtoolsbcs.com In Europe there are campanies that make implaments for different walking tractors Berta makes rotary plows to fit grillo And earthtools imports them. I have a grillo 22" tiller, zanon 28" mower deck and I bought a hitch to modify my trailer for a 4 wheel tractor to pull with the grillo.
    I only have a half acre and 1700 sq. ft garden not enough to justify a rotary plow . I have spent some time behind a gravely rotary plow .
    I had a 1962 gravely Li for years My job in the auto industry went away in 2008 so did the engine of my gravely . After a few tough years. I am back to where I could replace it. Gravely quit walking tractors in 2004 and parts are getting harder to find so are good gravely's. Earthtools is an hours drive . Being an old hillbilly raised in the same county as gravely's where developed and made for years this is hard to admit, the Grillo is a better machine By the way my grillo is a G85D with a 10 H.P. kohler engine and 5x10x20 wheels
    Roy

• snuffyinatl
    11 years ago

I wish Chudekar Industries sold their equipment here....I received an email from the CEO and in it he included videos of all their machines, and they have a very impressive line up, much better than the stamped steel/belted/cheap drive chain junk I see at Lowes and Home Depot. Their equipment seems to really be sturdily built from what I have seen.

• lbpod
    11 years ago

All of these machines look so wonderful on YouTube.
    Go ahead and buy one, and then when it doesn't work
    like it does in the video, try to contact the
    manufacturer up in the Quingho province, and see how
    much help you get.

• snuffyinatl
    11 years ago

Cant be any worse than the MTD junk sold here...

• gina714
    11 years ago

We inherited the tiller in the picture,it says TroyBilt on the rear box covering the tines, but in raised letters on the tiller is Gardenway TH 1018. The engine is B&S with Model 171437, Type 0535 01, Code 92063010 etched on the engine. Engine runs great after a little coaxing. Wheels really take off (dragging you behind if you're not careful). Tines turn, but not strong enough to do more than make a few scratches on the ground before stopping. Has a place for 2 belts, but only one there (which is in good shape), should it have a 2nd belt? how can we tell if the belt is tight enough? What else do we need to inspect?

Original owner's mind is too foggy to help, no owners manual turned up yet, either.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

• javert
    11 years ago

Gina, you probably should have started a new thread for your questions. First, the tiller uses only one belt; which set of pulleys you put the belt on determines the forward speed and the RPMs of the tines. As far as adjusting the belt (which is probably what is needed), if you will click on the words "My Page" in the heading of this message - next to where is says "Javert" and send me an email with your email address, I'll send you the pages from the manual which explain it. You'll have to give me your "outside" email address, as GardenWeb won't let me attach files to the emails that they forward to members. ALSO, you can search eBay for Troy Bilt tiller manuals, and usually pick one up on CD for $10 or so.