Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stihl 015L chainsaw

Posted by PatSea none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 17:30

I just bought an old Stihl 015L chainsaw for use around my yard. The engine runs very well, but I've had to fix a few items as was expected. The chain oiler wasn't working so I took the whole oil pump/tubing assembly apart and blew the crud out of the rubber tubes and now it works fine. Somehow I managed to strip the threads on the nut that holds the clutch assembly to the driveshaft. The carrier that is stripped is part no. 1116 162 0800. Does anyone have one of these or know where I can buy one off the internet? I have not tried the Stihl dealer but from the comments on-line it sounds like parts are no longer available from Stihl. Is there an alternate clutch assembly that will work on this saw?
Thanks for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stihl 015L chainsaw

Please send a pic of the needed part showing it in-place where it fits. Is it a left hand thread or unknown thread or etc before I see the Pic?

o

Here's a link to a parts site I picked up on this forum some time ago. It's not an easy site to use. You might try doing a Google advanced search on the site with the part number you have as a place to start.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chainsawr

o

Had a little more time to look myself this morning and looks like Chainsawr is sold out on your part. Maybe someone else can direct you to an online source. I sure wouldn't overlook the local Stihl dealers though.

o

Did anyone see a link/Pic to the part needed? Is it something a Machine Shop or individuals can repair with Heli-Coils or inserts?

o

Uhhmm, If I remember right, that is a left handed nut. The threads on the crank shaft are pretty big. At least they are on my 041 Farmboss. I would go to a shop and see if they can get you a few of the proper size nuts. Check the threads for burrs and such. Remove the burrs gently with a 3 corner file.

o

I was able to buy a used clutch on Ebay for less than $10 and it works fine. Thanks to all for your help.

o

If Scott at the chainsawr site is out of stock and Ebay is a no go then any local Machine shop can usually reverse engineer these parts also at a nominal charge .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here