Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stihl model BR400 leaf blower

Posted by ahall6144 Fl. (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 17:34

Hello All,
I have a Stihl model BR400 leaf blower that will not rev up. It cranks up easy and and runs fine at idle, however when throttle is depressed it dies out or shuts off. I have replaced plug, carburator gaskets and needle seat valve etc. Can anyone give me sugestions as to a remedy.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stihl model BR400 leaf blower

If the carb. was assembled right I would suspect the Carb. out of adjustment, (too lean on the high side, 1/8" or so turn counter clockwise will richen it up if it can be adjusted?) or carb. still dirty in the medimun and high jets. I would also check jug/crank case cover and muffler mount screws for tightness. (may have a massive vacuum leak? not likely but I would check them anyway)

o

Check the exhaust port for deposits yet? Free and easy.

You use compress air after cleaning the inside of the carb to blow dry it?

o

Aha: Check Fuel Filter 1st . Remove Jets , inspect all ok ? Clean Jets with Carb Cleaner Spray reinstall to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns out . Also put some carb cleaner in fuel System approx 1 Oz. If diaphram within carb is ok you should be up and running within 30 Minutes . As always use Fuel Treatments for Storage and Annual Start up . As recommended by other Forum Members new Lines and Plugs as required during Routine Inspections. Let us know how you make out !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here