Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echo Trimmer Fuel Octane

Posted by lawnguy1 Utah (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 7, 10 at 19:26

I have the Echo SRM 261T. Question on the fuel octane.
Most folks recommend 89. Four fuels available in this part of country. 85, 87, 89 & 91. Only the 85 and 91 don't have ethanol blended into it.
Does ethanol effect performance? Thinking on using 85 non-blended with the Echo 50:1 mix.
Thoughts?
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echo Trimmer Fuel Octane

Are you sure it's the 85? I guess different states have different blends? In my area E85 is ethanol blend and 87 is usually non-ethonal?

Yes, ethanol blends affect preformance, ethanol burns cooler and don't have the Btu of non-corn gas. So IMO anything without ethanol is better not to mention the lack of miosture in ethanol blended gases which over time if left in your trimmer during storage will eat up the rubber seals by deterioration.

o

I would use 91 just to be safe. Best without alcohol.

o

I've used 87 in my Echo trimmer for going on 10 years with no problems....

o

I used 87 in all my outdoor tools but one day, the shop asked what I use. When I told them 87, they said to switch to premium.

Apparently, it must be a better quality or something in California. Very little difference in cost but they said it will prevent many problems in the future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here