Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troybuilt Horse PTO log splitter

Posted by griff_2009 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 20:44

I have a Troybuilt Horse model# 12090 that I bought from Garden Way 8/4/1999. Does anyone know where I might find a log splitter that hooks up to the PTO and how well do they work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troybuilt Horse PTO log splitter

They work very well just like the original Troy-Bilt tillers. My father has decided to sell his 12 ton PTO log splitter that he used on his Troy-Bilt Horse tiller. Let me know if you have found one and/or if you found a good site that I could list it on.

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 8, 09 at 2:09

How much does he want for it and what state are you in?

o

We are in Denver, CO. I have not yet pinned him down on a price. Where are you located?

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 21:03

Too far away. PA

o

bryda08,
I live in Utah. Does your father still have the Troy Bilt PTO log splitter. If so, contact me, I'd like to purchase and pick up. A road trip sounds fun-Thanks

o
Troybuilt Horse PTO log splitter

• Posted by mmnc77 Western NC (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 17, 14 at 21:19

I have a pto log splitter for horse for sale 700.00 works perfect. New tiires

o

Is this item still available and do you have any additional information such as item or part number? Do you know how old it is?

o

Griff 2009,

Back in 1999 I bought a PTO Horse with a tiller, chipper shredder, generator and log splitter, all for $675. I immediately noticed that the PTO engagement dogs did not stay meshed properly.

That problem was fixed by installing backcut dogs provided by Garden Way as warranty items. Unfortunately, that backcut dog does not fit the log splitter because the splitter pump shaft is smaller than ID of the backcut dogs that fit all the other atachments.

If you have a machine shop that can broach a keyway, the updated dog can be used if you use a sleeve to increase the pump shaft diameter.

These are light duty splitters. Because they are horizontal, it's necessary to lift the rounds onto the splitting beam. I like mine but lifting the big rounds is very inconvenient.

Ray

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here