Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm looking for a good garden hose

Posted by blooming_in_zone5 5-6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 17, 10 at 22:07

I HAVE HAD IT!
- with hoses that kink, flatten, and tangle with the slightest change in the wind.
Is there such a thing as a kink-less hose? One that will not retain the twisty-turny form taken when rolled up on the hose caddy? One that WILL retain its intended hollow tube shape?
It's really becoming a problem - I've started biting my nails again from the stress!
Help?
~JoAnn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
oops. Never mind. ;)

I found a thread on the same topic - the second search. *sigh*

o
RE: I'm looking for a good garden hose

I gave up on the big box stores and looked at the commercial, 3/4" rubber hoses available here at a rock and block company and other commercial businesses. They last for many many years, do not kink and always wind up on my caddies with no curves from memory of the hose. They are not cheap but worth every penny of the difference in cost.

o

Not sure if you found one, but if your a Sam's club member they have a very nice 120 foot hose for 25 bucks. Very thick with the nice brass fittings on the end.

o

JoAnn: You Get What You Pay For when it comes to Garden Hoses. To have all the Bells & Whistles pay a better PRICE ! I have over 5 Acres of Rural Property and Utilise Gareden Hose Routinely . I have to deal with Hot Summers and Cold Falls (Great White North). I would think if you pay $1.00 / Linear Ft. You won't have any Complants!

o

Got Rubber? Get Rubber! STAY-A-FROM-VINLY. Noth'en better than rubber on your hose.

o

I hear you on the crummy hoses. Finally, a few years back I went to Sears and bought 2 100' black rubber hoses. I bought a hose reel at Westlake Hardware and am happy with the results. Don't drink out of it as it taste like rubber.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here