Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna is really a Poulan????

Posted by zoulas (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 8:02

I have been reading this in many threads on this site regarding the chainsaws specifically. When I was at Lowes yesterday, they had four Husky's on display ranging from $250-$450. I looked at the decal on the side and they all said 'Made in Sweden.' Are some people circulating bad information on this site?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna is really a Poulan????

Husqvarna definitely owns Poulan. I'm sure they still make some of their original good quality stuff in Sweden. Husqvarna bought Poulan. I know because I have been to the plant in Nashville, Arkansas. For many years it was Poulan. Now it is Husqvarna. Just like in the mower line they probably have lower price/quality units as well as the good stuff for more money. Husqvarna also bought out AYP and makes mowers for Sears. Husqvarna mowers look suspiciously like AYP stuff.
Only Husqvarna knows how much of which product is made where. They are a huge company and are worldwide.

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 10:02

Husqvarna is now the largest manufacturer of lawn, garden, and forestry equipment in the world. The parent company, Electrolux AB, spun off all their outdoor power equipment lines under the Husky umbrella. They include Poulan/Weedeater, AYP, McCulloch, RedMax and others.
BTW, MTD is no longer handling McCulloch in North America, Husqvarna bought the division and now owns it world wide. We are still buying parts for pre 2008 Mac product from MTD but the supply is starting to dry up.

o

I believe the 1 series Husky are the same as a Poulan. Steve

o

Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 23:51

That is correct

o

zoulas, The husqvarna saws at Lowe's do nmot say made in Sweden. They have a badge that states the company name. If you keep looking there is a sticker that says....assembled in USA. AKA....Poulan plant

o

They have a badge that states the company name. If you keep looking there is a sticker that says....assembled in USA. AKA....Poulan plant

...From cheaper parts they contracted from wherever

o

Made In Sweden. I did not read it incorrectly, I did not see it incorrectly, I did not write it incorrectly. If I have to take a picture and email it to everyone, I will.

o

Probably more appropriate to ask which model(s) you saw that said made/assembled in Sweden.

In any case, country of assembly is not as important as the quality of the saw although country of assembly may indicate quality level.

Are you only interested in saw provenance or are you looking for a saw?

o

There may be some of both for sure. The saws I looked at said assembled in USA. The fact is that the Poulan plant is now the Husqvarna plant in Nashville Arkansas. In fact the address is: Husqvarna Outdoor Products, 1 Poulan Drive, Nashville, AR 71852

o

So now my Poulan "wild thing" that never ever ran very good is now a Husqvarna "wild thing"? Just doesn't have the same zing to it, does it?

o

Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 22:33

Home Depot is carrying the 345 and 350 models which are made in Sweden. They are very decent home owner saws. The 142 (which IMHO is overweight and cranky like my wife) at HD is a re badged Poulan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here