Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DR vs MacKissic Chipper/Shredders

Posted by maizenbluedoc 8 SC (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 8:23

I had posted earlier on this subject, but did not receive any feedback from anyone owning either of these machines. I plan to buy one of the two before months end. I would appreciate any input by owners of either machine. My choices are the DR 12 Hp 1650 FTP and the MacKissic SC1650E. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DR vs MacKissic Chipper/Shredders

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 11:20

I'm not familiar with the DR and my Mac is a 6.5HP model. I would say they are both well built, so it comes down to preferences. When I bought mine, the chute seemed adequate and the 3" chipper feed seemed good. I now wish I had spent the extra few hundred and gotten the larger model. The hopper would have been larger and less prone to feeding clogs. But for how much I use it, I can be satisfied with the smaller one.

o

I have a mackissic 12pt10 and it is a great machine. I believe it is the next model down from the one your looking at. Its well built and I've had zero problems with it in the 4 years I've owned it. I checked DR website and the dr model you looked at can only chip 3.5 inch branches which is what my 12pt10 can chip. The SC1650E chips 4 inch branches, so if it were me I'd go with the Mac. Seems you get a little more engine and a little more capacity for the money.

o

I purchased the DR 12hpchipper/shredder and the same day I ordered the machine they discontinued the chipper/shredders with the exception of one smaller hp unit. I also contacted DR inquiring if MacKissic manufactured the machines for them. I was told that MacKissic does manufacture the machines for DR. This was quite obvious by viewing the pictures. The only reason I bought the DR vs the MacKissic was because I paid $3674 for the DR and the cheapest MacKissic I could get was for $3699. I also received a 3 year warranty on the DR vs a 2 year warranty for the MacKissic. Haven't used it yet as I am awaiting a cooler autumn here in SC.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here