Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tool Sheds

Posted by giddygardener (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 9:19

I have had a look at some of the impressive tool lists on this forum! I have a few as well where do all you guys keep these ?? I was considering buying a dedicated lockup for my allotment. Has anyone out there got one/made one seen one???

Needs to be strong enough to be left unattended over night/////

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tool Sheds

Because of the word 'shed' in your subject line, I'm
guessing you are talking about lawn and garden tools.

Personally, I have an 8ft. X 16ft. shed in my back yard
that I built from scratch back in the 70's.
Today there are many, many suppliers of sheds,
including Lowes and Home Depot. There are wooden and
vinyl sheds that come in kits and you have to assemble
them. Around here the Menonites also sell wooden sheds
that they build and deliver to your property and set
them up. All sheds that I have ever seen have a means
of locking them up. Or it is an easy task to attach a
hasp and a padlock. I hope this info helps you out.
Just remember, no matter how big a shed you get, it will
NEVER be big enough.

o

IBPOD has it right! No matter how big you think your shed is going to be-after you put something into it, it suddenly shrinks, and then you wish you had made it much bigger! BT/DT!

o
RE:Shrinking Tool Sheds, a blight!

IBPOD has it right! No matter how big you think your shed is going to be-after you put something into it, it suddenly shrinks, and then you wish you had made it much bigger! BT/DT!

o

• Posted by baymee LehighValleyPA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 11:24

Garbage always expands to fill available space.

o

My Storage Shed 24'x26' cement floor 2 storey c/w Wood Stove ,Plasma Cutter , Arc Welder and Mig Welder and it gets to crowded lol .

o

A man built a one and a half story "shed" on his property on Bowers Bridge Rd, Manchester.
He located this beautiful shed perfectly, creating a great view from his kitchen window. A Disneyland structure comes to mind - it was that good, as an item of scenery. I hope to do the same, this will take a lot of imagination, design and planning.
A shed need not be plain and cheap, tucked away in a corner.

o

I built a great shed from plans I got online. The plans were easy to follow, had a complete materials list and full instruction. Since I build it from scratch I just bought the lumber a little at a time so I didn't have to deal with renting trucks and what not. Here's the link to site I got my plans from:

happy gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shed Plans

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here