Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exmar

Hose End Sprayer

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to replace a Miracle Gro hose end sprayer that's gotta be over 30 years old. It has a nozzle that can be unscrewed revealing a garden hose connector. Nozzle is perfect for the wife's flowers, then remove it and connect a soaker hose for the garden. I can't find anything similar locally, Amazon has a few that are $10 or less and the reviews all talk about leaking. Personally, I hate to buy something knowing I have to immediately get busy with teflon tape or farbricate washers or both. Not sure why these leak? No moving parts, simple venturi with a pick up tube in a reservoir operated by water pressure.

There are fertilize mixer type things available, however they're designed for use with drip irrigation and "step 1" is to install a pressure regulator upstream so they only see a Max pressure of 22PSI, problem with that is soaker hoses want to see more pressure to operate effectively.

Guess I can see why Miracle Gro stopped making them if you only need to replace them every thirty years or so. :-)

Anyone know of a source for something similar?

Thanks for your time,

Ev

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler