Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
troy bilt trimmer

Posted by turkeyhunter365 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 10:45

I have a troy bilt trimmer with the easy pull start that has something to do with a spring. Well yesterday I had the trimmer cranked and choked itself down like it was in a bind, now the pull cord just spins freely. I am assuming the helper spring has broken or something like that. Does anybody have any ideas. I'm pretty good at fixing weedeaters and lawn mowers that are pretty much standard, but have never dealt with one like this.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: troy bilt trimmer

Turkey: Sorry Troy-bilt Mowers is the closest I have came. Never had one of their Trimmer come in my door ..yet ! Can you better describe or download a pic of the recoil ?

o

What's the model no. of this unit ?

o

the model number is tb90bc. also what is the best way to get the clutch off to even be able to get to the pull cord?

o

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 12, 10 at 22:41

You need to remove the engine to access the rewind. I won't spend time on this style of machine.

o

On most TB's of this type, you first split/remove the handle (the part with the throttle trigger).
remove the 3 screws that hold the shaft.
remove sparkplug and stuff some clean rope into cylinder, that acts as a piston stop.
Stick a T20 Torx screwdriver down into the clutch, unscrew CCW.
hth

o

Thanks for all of the input.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here