Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
green machine

Posted by donn_wi_4 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 10:53

I have a Green Machine weed whacker-brush cutter Mod #2541 can anybody give me the proper spark plug to use?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: green machine

• Posted by canguy British Columbia (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 28, 10 at 11:40

Probably a CJ7Y or equivalent.That is an older machine.

o
RE: green machine

I have an old Green Machine and after they went out of business, my fuel tank developed a leak. No one had parts for this machine so I went to a local repair shop and asked if they could repair it or if they had an old used one that I could buy.

The parts man walked behind the counter and cam out with a new one. He said that "Red Hat" had bought rights to the machine and their tanks were identical. It fit perfectly and is still running after all these years.

Maybe the engine will be one that also uses the same or similar parts. It might be worth a little research

You could lso take your old part to a dealer and ask for a replacement. They should be able to match it. My machine is a model #3000 which has a different motor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here