Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JD weed eater.... how to remove spool???

Posted by help2012 none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 11:42

Hey guys,

Just bought a JD weed eater # RCB600. .....at a flea market for 35.00........but no manual .

It starts with one pull ....But can not figure out how to get the spool off to add trimmer line.......... It does not come off like my old one did

........Anyone know how to take off the spool ???????.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JD weed eater.... how to remove spool???

1. See if this youtube or links on the right will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbvxHYFBX2c

2. Please post a Pic of your trimmer's head.

3. I'm not getting your model specifically but here is another link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7797468_string-john-deere-string-trimmer.html

o
RE: JD weed eater.... how to remove spool???

I believe yours is a Homelite BC1600 (UT-15198), private labeled for John Deere. There should be a threaded knob on the end of the string head, which has a left-hand thread. Turn left to tighten and turn right to loosen. Spin it all the way out, and then the string spool should pull straight out.

Do a Google search on BC1600 or UT-15198 and see if the exploded diagram for the trimmer head looks correct.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here