Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troybilt Super Tamahawk

Posted by gdjoslin none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 8, 13 at 12:43

I came across a Super Tamahawk chipper Model 47251 SN 4502880. It has been sitting since day one in a shed. The motor is frozen. it looks like the machine has not been run. There is still paint on the engine, no debris, scratches ect on the unit. No rust or build up on the bears ect.

I am going to do some work and see if I can get the motor running model #195432 and is type #0881-01 and the Code #91020510.
Does anyone know of a good replacement motor. Will a Harbor Freight Predator work? If so which one 7hp, 11hp or thier 14hp.

Pick it up for $100.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troybilt Super Tamahawk

You have a flat head engine 8hp check shaft size if 3/4 go with 7 hp overhead valve engine at HF has more torque than flat head engine. Valves in old engine may be stuck I pull head try turn valves if stem want move on one that one be stuck. If get starter cover off maybe able rock engine back fourth. Soak valves that are lifted under face.I got 4 of HF engines since November 2008 one crank rope broke 3 months ago I repair now has short pull but same rope. Save box it comes in if have trouble with new engine box up exchange it. Because regulation they are super lean now but all engine now are that way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here