Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pressure washer soap

Posted by stripped_threads (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 12:51

Yo,
I have always used the correct pressure washer soap in my gas powered unit and was wondering why I can't just premix some dish soap in water and use that. Keep in mind the soap does not go through the pump either way. It gets mixed in after the fact (on low pressure when the pump is by-passed) as so my understanding goes.
Are they just in the buisness of selling the "special soap @ 4.00$ a gallon" or is there actually a good reason?
are there any other low cost solutions that come to mind?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pressure washer soap

If you do have a "downstream injector" then yes you can inject just about any non-corrosive chemical and be OK. I would use diluted laundry detergent instead of dish soap based on my experience with cleaning paint brushes and such.

I have found the special housewash solution to be not very soapy. Doesn't work much better than just water.

Please note that I'm referring to washing a house or deck, not the car.

o

I have also found that some driveway and concrete cleaners for the washer or directly applied are less soapy than I prefer. ........weed cutter: do you have a water to laundry detergent mix?

o

I eyeball about a cup of detergent in a gallon of water for the mix, the washer dilutes this down another 12:1 as it runs through the machine. Laundry detergent seems to rinse off easier than dishwashing liquid without all the excessive suds.

o

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to try different mixtures from now on and will post back results...I'm far too cheap to be buying the correct stuff.

o

• Posted by dwyerkg 6 massachusetts (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 14:14

Hey, I have been waiting 6 years for the follow-up post... :) Any feedback?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here