Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which blower to buy?

Posted by Homechicken 7b/metro-Atlanta (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 13:08

I've narrowed it down to either a Stihl BG56 C-E or the Echo PB-255. They're the same price and are comparable in volume and speed of air. I know each brand has their fans, but can anyone compare the two from personal experience? I love the two Stihl machines I own, although I've only had them a short while, and have no experience with Echo. They both have an accessory gutter cleaner system available. Which is better or easier to assemble/use? I borrowed the roofers' Stihl blower, I believe it was the BG56, when they were here last weekend and really fell in love with it. After that and untangleing and fighting the 100 foot extension cord for my electric blower for the gazillionth time yesterday, I'm really thinking about a gas powered one just for the freedom it gives. I've had the electric one for about 15 years and while its a decent machine, I've had it with the cords. I can't stands no more!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which blower to buy?

Depending on the model of the elect. it most likely will blow harder or the same Small elect. IMO usually out performs small gas engines. I got BG56 and it hard starting and takes awhile to rev up. Carb has limited adjustments which I suspect it adjusted too lean. Other than that once it got started and warmed up alittle it performs great. I too was on the fence with these two models. I would go demo them and then decide which one works for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here