Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njs_gw

Homelite Trimmer problems

njs
13 years ago

IÂm having a strange problem with my Homelite Trimmer. It is several years old but always started and ran pretty well.

I went to use it yesterday after not having used it in about 6 weeks and found that it started easy as usual and then ran normally when I moved the choke to from #1 to #2 to #3 position. However after about 7 or 8 seconds of cutting it died abruptly just as if I hit the kill switch. It restarts easily if I choke it again but it dies after 7 or 8 seconds in position #3.

I must have repeated this 15 times thinking maybe something was gummed up from sitting 6 weeks and it would clear itself (even though it always sits all winter and starts and runs fine in the spring). But it just keeps doing the same thing.

The thing that seems so strange to me is that it runs really well but then dies so abruptly without sputtering or anything.

Also, the 7-8 seconds of run time is the same whether I am running full throttle or just letting it idle.

Finally, I also found that if I play with the choke and quickly move it to #2 position for a second or so just when it is dying and then move it back to #3 I can keep it running, if that is a clue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (2)