Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xlaxx

Yard Man 7HP 24" Snowthrower/Tecumseh Issues

xlaxx
9 years ago

Need some help from the brethern here,... Thank you in advance.

Was recently given a Yard Man 7HP Snowthrower 24" w/ Temcuseh motor, model #713E733E401.

The unit had been sitting in a barn since '97. I pulled it out and put fresh gas in. Believe it or not but it started right up and ran for 12minutes! Everything worked as it should, tracks, auger and everything engaged as it should. It was used only twice and then stored!

Here is where my tale quickly turns bad,...
After running it, I let it cool down and then cleaned it up with just water from a hose ONLY! I sprayed all the old dirt and bird poo off of it. I primed it and tried starting it again and it wouldn't turn over at all. I thought I had flooded it and left it alone for a few hours, went back same thing,...wouldn't start. I pulled the plug and it was wet so I let it dry out for a day or so. Still will not start. I let it sit for two more weeks and tried starting it again like the manual explains and still, it will not start.

I eventually have performed the following repairs after having watched donyboy73 's videos (multiple times) on this carb/engine.

Rebuit carb with Tecumseh kit from Oregon.
Cleaned the carb completely out with Gumout and gasoline.
Cleaned the emulsion tube.
Air compressed everthing after cleaning it.
Changed out the seat, needle, washers, rings, and main jet with Tecumseh tool.
Installed new bowl, the float looked good with no swishing of gas inside.
Changed out the fuel line and primer hose.
Installed new plug and gapped at .030.

I put everything back together, put fresh oil and new gas in it, then hit the throttle to full with the choke backed off and electric starter,... Still won't fire up! I have noticed some fluid from the muffler (when I crank it over) but it looks like gas maybe? I hope its not water in there.

What am I missing here? I could certainly use the help if someone has some wisdom for me. Thanks! xlaxx

Comments (3)