Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earthquake tiller

Posted by exmar 6 SE Ohio (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 14:13

I searched Earthquake tillers here and only found one post and it was primarily a discussion of pros and cons of front tine tillers.

My tried and true Craftsman minitiller died after 10 very reliable years and there are no parts available for the trans. Looking for a replacement, YES, I know about Mantis!! I happen to like having rear wheels and some kind of drag stake for depth control on a little tiller. Also I have a big rear tine beast for the tough jobs.

The choice seems to come down to the Earthquake, ($200), Honda FG110A ($359), and various lower priced poulan, etc. from the "big box" stores. Oh, there is one from Stihl, I actually used a friend's and didn't care for it. I am a rabid stihl fanatic for saws and weedeaters. I'm trying to decide between the Earthquake and the Honda, Honda is a great name and generally very reliable, but don't know anything about their tillers? The Earthquake seems to only be available from Northern Tool and in addition to tillers Earthquake makes a lot of lawn and garden items.

With respect to the previous post, does anyone have any experience with Earthquake? Also the Honda FG110A?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earthquake tiller

I personally have a BCS 850 diesel with a 30 inch rear tine tiller and I'm not a big fan of "cheap" or "front tine". However, a friend of mine bought an Earthquake front tine tiller at Home Depot on clearance last winter and tells me he's very happy with it. He uses it only for cultivating between the rows of his pumpkins until they start vining out. He's in the central sands of Wisconsin, so it's not being used in heavy clay or for breaking sod.

As far as availability, Ardisam Earthquake are widely available at any store here in Wisconsin. I've seen them at Menards, Farm & Fleet, and Gasser True Value. I think Ardisam is a Wisconsin company and that may be the reason you don't see them locally in Ohio.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here