Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moto mix

Posted by woodchuck1 6ny (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 11 at 14:38

STIHL MotoMix� combines premium high-octane gasoline with the superior protection of STIHL HP Ultra Oil to create a quality, premixed fuel mixture for your STIHL equipment. Now you can eliminate the hassle and mess of mixing your own oil and fuel mixture!

Plus, MotoMix� is ethanol-free, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken,

what are your thoughts do you think it is worth it ,and better than mixing your own

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moto mix

I would much rather use my regular gas (non ethanol) and use Sabre Synthetic Amsoil. Even if I had ethanol issues I would just treat the gas with Star*tron or any other premium ethanol fuel treatment.

o

I have used Stihl Moto-Mix in my Stihl Blower, bought new and they extended the warranty by 2 years for using it. I thought about it, I don't use my weedwacker very often, so I started using it there also. I can say it starts easier, I don't have to worry about gas breakdown, so it was a winner for me.

o

Moto mix is just another overpriced dealer product . Actually high octane fuel is another waste for saw and blower usage . Regular octane rated fuel and premium oil is all that is required

o

Hey, Ewalk, I'd rather use your ethanol free gas too. :D

o

Roflmao Yep I bet you would too lol :) I,am just wondering when ethanol will hit the market up North here ?

o

how much do pre-mix dealer gas cost?? not that hard for me to get gallon jug gas and pour the two stroke mix in... That way I don't have to pay for the container and dealer mark-up each time I mix two stroke gas. Beings I'm not competing in world saw off competition (like top fuel dragsters) I don't need all the octane boost to cut through a log a milisecond speed!!!!. so regular gas works just fine for me!!

if I only used gallon of gas year and I didn't want to fool with mixing nor have the experience to mess with it might be good option for some people, but not me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here