Return to the Tool Shed Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lubing the shaft for a Stihl FS 45 C Trimmer

Posted by spartyluvr NW Mich USA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 14:59

The manual says nothing about this. Should I be lubing this this shaft/is the shaft removable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lubing the shaft for a Stihl FS 45 C Trimmer

S: Try contacting the Dealer . The Head should be removable allowing handle disconnecting point for the shaft housing removal to allow exposure to the Flex Cable. The Manufacturer implies a life time cable shaft warranty.
I have only greased my cables on numerous Older Trimmers every 2-3 yrs. I use a hypo id /moly grease combination . Like I said lubrication should be seldom . If you shaft indicates heat close to the head inspection is req'd asap . On Commercial Grade trimmers / brushers I have added a zerk fitting to enable a few squirts & greasing ease annually. These units however are used much more severely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tool Shed Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here